Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Friday, October 10, 2008

This is SURREAL!!!

We got our first batch of donor profiles today. I took some time at work to print out all their profiles and the photos. WOW! This is so completely different then choosing a surrogate who will carry your child, this is a complete genetic link. Now that these beautiful women's faces are here in front of me it is really starting to sink in. WHOA...this is huge! Gerry is on a 24 hour shift at the Fire Dept tonight so he won't see them till tomorrow. I am so anxious for him to share these with me. Dr. Yash called and we chatted all about each of them. Their personalities, their families, their physical features, their education, everything. It was really neat! I am truly at a loss for words. I can't even begin to express the emotions I am feeling right at this very moment. Its like looking at a complete stranger and thinking to yourself...'Well does she look like I would want her to be part of my child?' Something I had never in a million years imagined I would be doing. It is a great responsibility and delicate decision. I am overwhelmed with emotions as I type this and look over at these Indian woman's photos surrounding me. They are gorgeous, with long dark ebony hair and stunning dark eyes with fair skin and beautiful teeth. They are educated and young and artistic and have all had positive pregnancies with donating their eggs before. I wish I could share them with the world. This could very possibly be one of the women who will be apart of our child forever. This is REAL.

Print this post

3 comments:

Ladybird said...

Hi, I came across ur blog while editing an article on surrogacy for my mag. It is good to know firsthand how you feel about it etc.
Good luck

Mike and Mike said...

It's kind of weird picking out the profiles isn't it. Although, you got a lot more information than Mike and I did. We got very basic information. Regardless, you never know what they're going to be like after they're born. That's what makes having kids so exciting, the constant discovery. It keeps you young and full of life...unless they did something to really peeve you off...lol.

Mike A.

Phoenix said...

There with you honey. This ED thing is a whole new world.

xxx

and a butt sniff for Frankie from Amber.